Saturday, August 8, 2009

New Boob

I got a prosthesis today! After much adjusting and trying I discovered I'm a size 12 teardrop. I also got 3 bras. I drove to Becky's Mastectomy and Wigs in League City to get this done. $450+ later, I look normal. It has weight to it, being silicone so it doesn't ride up. Yay. I figured I needed to get it early enough so I could get used to it before school starts.

Chris and I drove over to Bolivar peninsula, where my new school is, on Friday. They have made a lot of progress with rebuilding, but it is still terribly sad to see the state of the area. Something like 3,000 houses JUST DISAPPEARED from the area - swept out to sea or torn up by the storm surge. Sad. It took a long time to get there and back, even if you don't account for the driving around we did. 2.5 hours or so. I must get a pass for the Ferry soon. I was promised a "priority pass" so that I don't have to wait in the line.

Tomorrow I'm going to Florida for a few days to help Mum out while she has carpal tunnel surgery. Becka provided the Southwest Voucher - thanks! I come back on Thursday night. I wanted to have at least one weekday before school starts to get my act together.

1 comment:

Mary Roy said...

I think you should get your act together and take it on the road.