Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer changes..

Found out today that there is not "enough interest" in my summer camp. I'm not surprised, since it wasn't promoted, except by the flyers I made and handed out. They offered me some other work, but it is waaay too many hours for me and would commit me all the way to the 1st day of school.

Later in the day I got the opportunity to maybe do Golde in Fiddler for a theatre in El Campo. I've never been there either, but El Campo is where Chris' hotel room was during the evacuation. I think I may do it, especially since it is a last minute thing(they are already in rehearsal), only runs for two weeks (8 performances), they will pay me for gas and offered me a place to stay in a bed a breakfast during the run. It's not official yet, I still have to meet with the director...

Went today to have blood drawn in advance of my Dr. Markowitz appointment next week. I got turned away because of a lab request mix-up and have to go back tomorrow. I did have a nice drive and enjoyed listening to my new book "Finger Licken Fourteen."

3 comments:

Joel David said...

Dude, I have to be honest with you. I always deny this whenever anyone asks me, but I would love to get back on stage . . . sometimes.
Fiddler is one of the greatest musicals of all time.
Of course, you don't know any of these people. No telling how they are in the saddle. Still gas and lodging? Can't beat that.
Doing things is very healing.
Post pics and clips.
Love you. J-)

Joel David said...

You should imagine me looking shifty when you read . . . sometimes in the last post.

amanda said...

Have you seen the video of the dog in the babushka dancing to Tradition? You'll laugh until you cry. At least, I did.