Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Anniversary

Today is the One Year Anniversary of my cancer diagnosis! Ahh, you ask, is this a day to celebrate? Yes. I am "clean." I made it through lots of unpleasant stuff and came out on the other side. I dealt with indignities large and small. I spent lots of money on myself - something I am not known to do. Hey, cancer is expensive, in more ways than one. I choose to celebrate.

I celebrate learning to ask for what I need.
I celebrate my friends and family who went above and beyond. I have felt loved.
I celebrate my life.
I celebrate my marriage. How could anyone make it through this without a Chris?

Anyway, as a celebratory treat, I am having a manicure and pedicure tomorrow! Yes, I finally have toenails again - they go almost all the way to the end of my toes!

1 comment:

Joel David said...

I am celebrating too! I am really happy that you are at this point and feeling, I am sure, a great sense of accomplishment, and so you should.
I am back in S. America for a while but will do my best to check in when I can.
Love you very much.
J-)