Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Progress is being made!

This weekend Kevin (our construction guy) is coming to put in Sheetrock! Yay. Walls that will go all the way to the floor. I guess I will have to get out of the house or work on the computer to stay out of his way...

I am in a puppy quandary. A friend at work has some adorable little half Shihtsu half Chihuahua puppies and I am thinking of taking a little male. Chris said it was OK if he gets along with Haas, but I am not so sure. I think I may take him home for a night or two (the weekend maybe) and see if he fits in. If not there is another person on staff that will take him. Maybe having a puppy for a few days will be enough and I'll be over it.

We started our new eating plan this week. Chris was home last night and this morning and got me started today. Interestingly enough, I got him ready for the plan and didn't get myself ready! The hardest part may be not being able to have cream with my coffee, not even fat free!

I went on a big Field Trip with my kids to see a concert last night and it was fun and interesting for a few reasons. The littler kids are certain that I know them because they know me. By this I mean that I've taken my class to read to them and we've done presentations and plays, which I always introduce, so they think I know them. Unfortunately I don't know their names and a few kids were upset by that fact. Also, on this trip I saw Mary Allums, the wife of our band director. I hadn't really spoken to her since last year when we worked together. I had, however said HI. Anyway, she didn't recognize me and came up to be sure it was me. I am not as conscious of the changes since I live in this body every day, but she said I was beautiful. Nice compliment. Seems she had said "Hi" all those times and not known I was me!

It looks like my mom might actually move here to Galveston in the near future! She is trying to get out from under her condo in Bradenton where she is "underwater." I have been trying to get her here since before the hurricane... Plans just kept changing. Chris and I both enjoy having her around, so I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Mary Roy said...

I love you and I love this blog.