Saturday, March 20, 2010

The End of Spring Break

Tonight Chris, Donna, Michael and I went to dinner at the Red Onion Cafe and had a wonderful time and a great meal. Every time we spend time together with them I enjoy myself more. They are terrific people.

Earlier today I took a practice test to find out how the certification test for 8-12 English Language Arts will go for me. I did really well! Depending on how it is averaged, I scored an 87% or an 89% on the test portion. The "essay" won't be graded for a while... I was pleased and shocked since I did NO studying. I do have a liberal arts degree and am teaching ELA every day, so I guess I'm not quite going in blind. This morning, Chris and I went shopping to Whole Foods and got some supplies for a new eating plan we begin on Monday.

Other things accomplished this week:
*Got a manicure and pedicure - green nails! Yes, on purpose.
*Soaked in a hot tub
*Lolled around in bed - in a hotel room! Many naps were had.
*Spent time with my husband
*Saw the doctor for a physical - Yes, blood work and everything
*Completed my supply orders for school. I have 3 separate budgets!!! I have 3 separate departments, theatre, reading and Language arts. It is not easy to figure out which one should pay for the drawing paper or the pipe cleaners
* began reading American Pastoralwhich has been on my list for a VERY long time.
*got a massage
*got new stairs - OK I didn't really do this...

The basics from my Drs appointment is that my ankle is still swelling regularly and it hurts. Sometime I can't sleep because it bothers me so much. Dr. Weaver gave me some muscle relaxers and I am to wear my brace for a while. We hope that does it.

I had a funny experience this week. I ran into a student of mine who I was rather close to last year and he didn't recognize me! It wasn't until much later when I realized that I was out of context and I had hair, dark curly hair. How would he have recognized me? The teacher he had was bald and sickly. I NO LONGER LOOK THE SAME!!

2 comments:

Joel David said...

Nice newsy update! Much getting done and still some leisure being taken, I like to hear that.
Hope the ankle improves.
Take care.
J-)

Mary Roy said...

See a doctor who practices integrative medicine or holistic for the ankle. My two cents.