Saturday, February 27, 2010

Weird new thing...

I have a swelling over my right collar bone that Chris thinks is a swollen lymph node. I am not happy about it, but I have to look in to it. Can't ignore anything like this... I have an appointment with my primary care Dr. Monday at 2:40 and I need to ask for a referral. Probably need imaging and a biopsy. Fun.

My ankle is swollen up. I thought it was healing!!!

I am in Houston at Chris' hotel. I came yesterday after school and will go home tomorrow early. I wanted to see him, but I have piles and piles of papers to grade to get my progress reports in by Monday at 4:00. Last night we went out for Indian food and may go see a movie tonight. We want to see Avatar, but Chris can't see 3D. Anyone know if the non-3D version is worth seeing?

This has been a week of leaving... One of my kids, Brenda, a 7th grader who was just learning English, moved out of the school on VERY short notice Tuesday. It was one of those, "Today is my last day and I'm leaving before lunch!" Sad. Love that kid. Also, the secretary at my school, who has been there for YEARS, had her last day Yesterday. We did a big going away thing for her... She is almost a second mother to a lot of the kids at my tiny school and changed diapers for a few of the middle schoolers back in the day! We have a teacher at our school who was a student under her! Needless to say, it was a very emotional day for all. Kids crying everywhere. Next week we lose one of our 8th graders!! Another sad day is in store.

Crenshaw is such a tiny school that everyone is like family. When Travis leaves on Thursday, I will only have FIVE 8th graders!!! Okay, fellow teachers, don't get jealous. That is my smallest class AND I have 5 different preps. I am also solely responsible for the reading and writing test scores for 4 separate grade levels. If even one of my kids doesn't pass the state test, my average is shot! Not only my average, but our school rating. Now a little bragging: ALL OF MY 8TH GRADERS PASSED THE TAKS BENCHMARK!!! All but one of my 10 7th graders passed the writing benchmark (real thing is next week.) My 6th graders are doing pretty well, too. I only have 2 of the 11 that I'm worried about. The group I lose sleep over is my 5th grade, who need to pass the test in order to advance to 6th grade. I only have 2 passing at this point...

1 comment:

Joel David said...

I saw Avatar in 3D and thought it was a waste. I've been told if you're in an IMAX it's awesome. But seeing it on a regular screen in 3D did nothing to enhance the experience for me.