Saturday, February 13, 2010

Big Anniversary

Yesterday was the anniversary of my surgery. Yes, it's my mastectoversary and hysterectoversary! Hmm, what is the appropriate celebration for the momentous occasion? I just taught some kids some stuff and watched some American Idol (TIVO is wonderful.) We did make Mardi Gras masks in school yesterday... And, we celebrated Valentines day, so it was a bit festive.

Thursday was my court date for the renegade underarm seat belt debacle. I showed up, having to take the afternoon off from work and make my way through the endless rain, to find that just because I showed up and the officer didn't, the case was dismissed. The big, big annoyance is that my bond will be returned to me in 4-6 WEEKS! Now, I don't need this money right now, but what of the poor, disenfranchised people for whom $379 dollars is not something they can 'float?' If your case is dismissed, and you are declared innocent, you should get your money back right away. In cash. How wrong is that? Many people cannot scrape together that much money to loan the government and have to pay an extra amount to have a bond agent do it for them - how much does that suck? If you are guilty, you deserve the inconvenience and cost, but for people like me? End of rant.

Chris goes to Houston for 6 weeks starting on Sunday to do a study camp. I will miss him... Going to go and spend some quality time with my guy - right now.

1 comment:

Joel David said...

Happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary, haaaaaapy anniversary.
Such good news I am going to forget about the court case suckage and just enjoy.
All the best to Chris. Sorry y'all have to be apart for a bit. I know it's tough for both of you.
Keeping you in my thoughts.
XO J-)