Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tomorrow it begins

Tomorrow is the first day of in-service. We have a convocation at 8:00. My school will meet the superintendent earlier in order to be introduced to our new assistant principal. I went and worked in my classroom on Friday and got a lot done. I have 6 student computers in my room as well as a lcd projector mounted in the ceiling! There are no windows, cause I'm in an interior room, but there is a locking storage cabinet and the desk locks!!! Joy. The custodial staff were great and I met/hung with the librarian. There are a few empty classrooms because not all that many people have moved back to the Bolivar area since the hurricane. The fire department is still working out of the band hall, so we are sharing a building. The school is nice new and well maintained. What a difference.

We finally got our phone fixed today. The Comcast guy came out. I KNOW - Sunday?

I have been watching Tru Blood and reading the Sookie Stackhouse books AND enjoying them thoroughly. Thank you Michael for sending me the set! This week begins the "everything I read is for work" part of the school year. In fact there are hundreds of books, mostly class sets of novels in my classroom and many/most of them I haven't read. I guess I need to get on it.

My chest is feeling a little tight, but I know I would be far worse if Sandy hadn't given me a massage. Thanks Sandy! She also did a little energy work on me on Wednesday before I left Bradenton. I have a Physical Therapy appointment tomorrow. My very kind therapist, Vickie, has volunteered to stay late for me. Usually by 4:00 she has wrapped up for the day. I am very fortunate that so many people have gone out of their way to help me.

2 comments:

Mary Roy said...

That's because you rock Selena. You are the most calm, patient, laid back person who just takes the bad with the good and keeps on truckin'. At least that's how I see you. Those kids need Selena as their teacher and so it is.

Prayers for your chest. Boy, somehow that just sounds wrong.

Unknown said...

I am REALLY happy your job situation worked out!! Good for you for not panicking and stepping up to them. Your new school actually sounds like it may be nicer...? Where is Bolivar? Is your commute long? I sure hope not.

Big hugs to you and Chris!