Sunday, November 1, 2009

Reminder...

I have just been reminded of how far I've come. I was assigned the bowling booth at our Fall Festival on Friday night and spent about 45 minutes constantly bending and putting bowling pins in place. At that point I was really tired and sweat was rolling down my face, so I asked another teacher to take over. I am paying for that activity today. I feel kinda like I did in the worst stages of chemo, at least from the neck down. Sitting and standing are tough and I had to stop and rest while walking in the mall. I have been reminded how far I've come and that it wasn't so long ago that I was the "lady in the wheely cart." I guess I've been feeling pretty good recently and was starting to take it for granted. I have become accustomed to having enough energy and ability for my day to day activities, and have found myself doing more and more. I just did too much this time.

Today Chris goes to Corpus Christi for another Residency Interview. He didn't like Milwaukee much, but really liked Connecticut. Keep the fingers crossed that he does well at the UTMB interviews. I want to stay, now that I have a job I love.

This next week at work will be weird. Monday we have no school due to parent/teacher conferences and then on Thursday and Friday I will be out for training. Since we are on a MWF and TT schedule I have one day with each of my classes! Trying to figure out how to not have the time wasted. Those of you who teach know the low likelihood of them doing anything with a substitute...

Mauri Howell (McGloughlin) had a baby! She now has another girl in the family. Welcome Sarah, you are a lucky girl.

2 comments:

Joel David said...

I love this post. It speaks of great strength and recovery to me. It also reminds me to check my E-mail and congratulate my friends on the birth of their children.
I'm going to go do that now.
Love you.
J-)

Jerry and Mavis said...

Terrific post. Happy to hear you are doing so well. It sounds great.

Your job sounds challenging, exciting and you are happy.

Good luck to Chris as he pursues a residency position