Saturday, November 14, 2009

Not much going on/Too much going on

Sorry about my infrequent posts. Between all the "trainings" I've been to recently and stuff coming due at work I've been swamped. I come home from school, putt around for a while and go to bed!

On the 5th, I went to a Reading and Writing Conference -which was great. I got lots of useful information. On the 6th, I went to a video conference about how to teach the Holocaust. This was wonderful! It was co-hosted by the United States Holocaust Museum and they gave us LOTS of materials and information. I hope to go there some day... I also hope some day to go to see some of the sites of the atrocity.

As usual, I had double work because I had to leave my kids for two days... Also, I was volunteered by my principal to be on the committee for adopting the new Reading and Language Arts textbooks. This committee meets every week for a few months AND I have to leave school early to make it to the meeting. Luckily my last class on Thursdays is one where I have the kids 5 days a week and they are doing well. I will miss about an hour of instruction with them every week!!!

Health-wise I'm doing OK. My surgery site is still hard and swollen, but I rarely take anything for it. I have been having a few headaches lately, I guess the hormones have to settle, huh?

I have a trip planned to El Paso, November 22-27. Pattrick, my brother in law, has agreed to do some dental work on me! I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but I'm grateful. Chemo does a number on your teeth, not to mention the rest of your body. I hope he finds very little wrong, although that's not what I expect.

Chris is doing Jacksonville and Chicago early this week...

2 comments:

Joel David said...

I could so do with being in EP. We have hit our first Winter weather. Can't complain really. I knew it was coming and we've put it off this long. Have traded out a good portion of Winter/Summer gear. Winter takes up so much space! Grrr.
Glad to hear things are going well for you. Talked with Bernice this week who, of course, asked about you. I told her to visit the blog, ha-ha.
Take good care.
J-)

James Gill 88-90 said...

We are looking forward to seeing you at Christmas!!!