Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend update

So. Update.

Work still sucks as far as work/class load and I have not had the promised reduction. I also lost the student teacher I was supposed to have next semester because she dropped out of the program. I am proud of myself that I told my principal that I fully expect to be rated as "exceeds expectations" in my annual appraisal (coming up this week) because I am clearly exceeding expectations by teaching so many preps. His first response was surprise(I guess he didn't expect me to be so assertive) and his second: that I need to be careful about attendance. OK. BUT the main reason I have missed so much work (AND been docked for it) is that the ridiculous amount of stress is making me sick. I had used up all my sick and personal days for the school year by the end of October!!! Arrggh. Two weeks until Christmas holidays!! I can make it....
I am trying:
Not to stress...
To be more zen.
To let go.
To be OK with not doing my best ('cause there aren't enough hours in a day) and do "enough."
To remember that other things and people deserve my attention too. Chris needs to move up the priority list to the top! After all, he'll still be my husband (hopefully!) long after this school year is a fuzzy memory.

Steve is here visiting this weekend. He is all marked up so he can start his radiation this coming week. Turns out they just "sharpied" him. He didn't get the prison tats that I got! Oh well, each doctor has his/her own style. Don't get too excited about the tats - they are 3 dots that look like blueish freckles. I've got one under each arm and one in the center(ish) of my chest. Since the low cut neckline look is permanently out for me I don't think anyone but Chris will ever see it/them.

Healthwise: I have been fighting an upper respiratory infection since November 1st. I get better and then worse. Right now it is just a lovely phlegmy cough. Mum has had this for about 2 weeks longer. Chris still hasn't gotten it! Thank goodness. Breast Cancer-wise: My mastectomy side armpit muscles have been really tight and ouchy and my prosthetic has been slightly painful lately, but there is not much to do about that but to do my stretches. I know I have an appointment for my 3 month check coming up this month, but I don't know when. I MUST make a call today and find out

3 comments:

Joel David said...

Hey friend. Just checking in/up on you. Tell Steve I'm thinking of him, keeping a good thought.
Hope the holidays prove to be a restful time for you.
Love to you both. Hi to mum.
J-)

Jerry and Mavis said...

To say it has been a challenging month may be an understatement. Hopefully you are feeling better now. With Christmas vacation upon us you will be able to prop your feet up with a good book and recuperate. Stay cool !!

Becky H said...

Mom called me with the news!I am shocked. I will add Steve to my prayers.You'll have two weeks off for christmas vacation. Sounds like time to Zen out & turn on the comedy channel!Maybe a little wine & cheese! (or grape juice) It was great seeing you & your mom at the wedding. I hope we didn't overwhelm you with too much family!