Sunday, December 20, 2009

I'm still here

Went to the doctor, Dr. Hatch, last week and she said that I shouldn't be surprised that I'm gaining weight. It seems that the medicine I'm on (Arimidex) causes most people to gain 10% of their body weight!!! Add to that the fact that I'm now in menopause because of the hysterectomy, and I'm going to gain weight. I am so NOT happy about this. I actually have been more active lately and haven't changed my eating habits... Boy, does this suck. Also, I just found out that my Arimidex is $400 a month. Wow, glad I have insurance.

I'm in the middle of doing laundry and packing for my trip to LA. My sister is hosting Christmas this year. I wish Chris was able to go also, but he has a big test coming up... My brother is flying in to LA soon and Mum is already there. I can't wait to see the girls, Sage and Jade, since it has been so long. Last time I was there was at least 2 years ago... Maybe I'm calculating wrong?

Chris is on his way home from Alaska, where he fell and hurt his wrist. He'll need an xray when he gets home. We hope it isn't broken. His "walking on ice" technique is a little rusty.

No comments: