Thursday, June 24, 2010

New Name?

My dear friend Joel suggested it might be time to re-name the blog. I suppose I should continue with writing here...

Anyhoo. I'm looking for suggestions. Please leave a comment with your ideas - the ones you are willing to share.

Brief update: Things are going well here in Bradenton. Mum is getting packed. I'm resting and reading. We have been to the pool a few times, after dark of course. I got a new swimsuit that accommodates the foob and doesn't look too weird. We had the inaugural swim last night and it did OK. There's a weird balloon thing that happens at the base of the straps though... Swimming has made me mindful of the knee and ankle issues and seems to exercise them in a way that they do not like- much. My sister, Becka, told me that her ankle was talking back to her after she spent time at the beach. The next day mine started making itself known. Coincidence?

Haven't had any arm/hand swelling. I had a little pain, but I iced it and that seems to have done it. I received my new CUSTOM sleeve in the mail and tried it on. Woo. It took both of us, Mum and I to get it on! I understand it will stretch a bit, and I'm glad I don't have to wear it all the time like some people do.

I was able to see my massage therapist from when I was here in Bradenton getting my chemo. Katrina really helped me through the rough stuff. Funny thing, I didn't recognize her. I guess I was really not too "present" during that time. She gave me an excellent massage and I hope to go back to her before we leave. Actually, I MUST. Turns out we got so involved talking and so forth that I left without leaving her a gratuity. I gotta go back and make it right.

Chris sent me pictures of our house which is finally getting painted! The floors got stained today!!! The photos of the floor after it was sanded are really interesting because the floorboards (original to the house circa 1890) warped in the flood from Hurricane Ike and so the sanding looks all striped. The outer edges of the boards cupped up. What shows in the pictures is the stain down the middle of each board. I hope it will be done before we head that way. It will be so wonderful to be back in a restored house!

1 comment:

Mary Roy said...

Hmm. Blog names. "Selena's Journey?" "Goo Goo Ga Joob?" "Being Selena?" "Chris Mitchell's Wife?" "The Doctor Is In. 5 Cents Please?" "Galveston Gal?" "I Teach, Therefore I'm Patient"

I dunno, just havin' fun at your expense. Love ya. xo