Sunday, March 29, 2009

I've been hooked by Facebook!

Yes, I admit I am now hooked on Facebook - c'mon friend me!

Finished my 1st week of radiation. It is not so bad. I have still been binding/wrapping my chest (remember seroma?) and I can't tell if the slight pain I feel is related to one or the other. One benefit of the radiation therapy is that Chris and I spend about 3 hours in the car each day, just talking, or not.

I have an appointment after my radiation tomorrow to see Dr. Silva about the fluid in my chest. It's not much, but I don't see it going away by itself.

Last week at work we had auditions for our spring play, remarkably, we have a budget!!! They went well and it's going to be charming.

Last week I got a haircut(OK, trim.) The nice lady gave me the child's price 'cause I have still not much in the hair dept. Either that or she was just being sympathetic - I'll take it. She thinks it's going to grow faster now that the split ends are gone. All the white baby hairs that came in first were all frizzy and frayed and longer than the underlying gray hair. Now I look tidier. I asked her if she could make me look like I have this style "on purpose." She may have done better than I thought since I saw one of my students from last year and she asked me why I cut my hair.

Chris tried to make "Chico's Tacos" last night, and although it was a valiant effort, it wasn't quite right... Today he finished setting up my new computer. It has a beautiful large screen, and I'm using it this very moment. Funny, it doesn't make all the funny noises I have become accustomed to.

Really am feeling better, healing, whatnot. I actually find myself rolling over in my sleep or sleeping on my stomach! The side/stomach position is my preferred one, so being able to sleep that way with no pain - priceless.

1 comment:

Joel David said...

Hey Selinator,
Liked this post very much. Am having a terrible time access-wise. This is the first hotel in weeks with affordable internet (ie: free) and the signal blows. Ahh, chiggers can't be boozers.
It's the next day and I have been unable to get a signal at 'home' so I am at work. We are between shows so I am catching up on the blog.
Wanted to tell you how much I liked this post. It made me feel better. I have been thinking of you and sorry I couldn't write. Had a great post all set for last night but sadly it's gone now. We had a 9:30P show after our load-in. We are playing a tent this week. Yes, you read that correctly. We are in Andorra. It is quite a beautiful city.
Chris, Chris, Chris, tsk-tsk and tut-tut. Have you never seen the Chico's slogan, "Do not attempt this at home." JK, I would love to try your valiant effort sometime.
Actually had a day off this week. First in months but can't complain. Happy to have a job.
Hope you're both well. Will try to call when I get home in a couple weeks.
Take good care.
XO J-)