Monday, December 22, 2008

More good news... MILESTONE

I went to the radiologist for a couple of tests on Friday.
  1. Mammogram: the technician couldn't find my lumps and had to refer to old mammogram to find the spot(s). Using the old (pre chemo) mammogram she did some high resolution, up- close shots in the appropriate places and still couldn't find anything.
  2. Ultrasound of Breast: technician went over and over my breast looking and couldn't find the lumps, she found what she thought were the clips (put in to help locate the lumps during my biopsy) but wasn't sure. Dr. Leonard came in (he's the head breast guy - did my biopsy) and had a little trouble but found both clips.

Yay! Yippee! WhooHoo! I still have to have surgery BUT it will be MUCH less invasive.

Both surgeons agree to January 12 as the big day. UTMB operating rooms and hospital should be open by then. Mum is coming back to Galveston to take care of me! I can't thank her enough.

Thank you to all of you who sent prayers, good wishes and energies my way. That, and the chemotherapy, did more than could have been expected or wished for.

Thanks also to those of you who have been posting responses on this blog - I love 'em. They have really helped to make me feel connected, heard, and cared for. So many of you that I love have been here for me. Ain't the web great?!

I know I'm not done with this health issue/adventure. But a big milestone has been passed. I think of it like this: I beat the cancer and now all that is left is the cleanup (surgery, radiation, reconstruction) after the messy fight.

6 comments:

Lopi said...

What a great Christmas present. It seems like you have many angels looking out for you.

Love you!
COngratulations!

Lisa and Danny

Joel David said...

Hey my hero, Sorry I have been away. Crazy busy and no access for a while. Have kept you both in my thoughts.
Such great news. I'm really happy for you.
Thees, is wahn of de great meesteries of Peru. 'Ow, 'ow did they do thees weet-out de use of crranes. drraft animals, or I-Ron tools?
Love you, XO J-)

Unknown said...

This is the BEST NEWS EVER!! I am so glad for you guys. Hang in - I know its not over. But hopefully this is a big light at the end of a very long tunnel.

Hugs,
Kara

Rob Tode said...

YAY Selena! That's great news! Happy 2009!

Love,

Rob, Laura-Love, & Sammy Tode

Pat and Jerry said...

What great news for the New Year!
We sure hope the news continues to come in great waves of positive outcomes. Since so many of us "odd ones" are sending prayers up in your name, God probably listened...He hasn't heard from some of us in a while and figured this had to be special to get us involved...and He is absolutely correct. The last thing you need is someone telling you to "Hang in there", so I will merely request tht God remind you how secure His hold is!He'll never let you down! Looked at some pics of Nunsense the other day and enjoyed the memories of the fun we had..when I saw The Village People were entertaining at the SunBowl...memories of Women with Brain Death came to mind. Happiness in the New Year! Take care. Hugs to you and yours. Love..Pat and Jerry Swaney

Cheryl Mae said...

My Dearest Sel,

Cool Beans!!! Congrats - so happy for you! Tom sends lots of love!

Happy 2009!

xoxox
Cheryl Mae