Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good news? We'll see.

Went to the breast surgeon on Tuesday and she was only able to find the lump because she knew where it had been! This means I may (Note the use of the word MAY) be able to have a lumpectomy or partial mastectomy instead of a FULL MASTECTOMY!!!!! Dr. Silva scheduled me for some tests Friday morning to verify, so we'll see...
She also pulled in her husband who is a cardiologist and he will check on the status of my blood clots before the surgery. The big operation is scheduled for January 12.
Dr. Aristea says she can do my hysterectomy laperoscopicly, and now that I MIGHT be able to have a lumpectomy - looks like I'm going to get a easier time of it.
In school/work news: Central, my school, is almost certainly not reopening next year. Things are up in the air...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!! That is really promising news, indeed. But I understand your caution. You are making amazing strides - I am soo very proud of you and Chris.

Much love and happy holidays!
Kara