Monday, January 4, 2010

New year, old me

Had a great time in LA playing with my nieces and hanging with family. Jade (8 year old niece) kept asking "What do you want to do?" Often the answer was: "Exactly what I'm doing now, visiting with people I love!" Somehow this wasn't totally satisfying her... We did do other things: went to Getty Villa, made videos, decorated my luggage, made smencils (smelly pencils), danced, read, ate, drank, practiced knitting and telling time, visited with old friends and sang. The only way it could have been better is if Chris had been there.

I managed to hurt myself a bit too much over the holiday. I cut my finger pretty badly before I left. Not bad enough for stitches, but bad. I lost a filling. And THEN I fell down the stairs at Becka's and sprained my ankle and knee. Yeah, I know... I am now in the too familiar state of quasi-invalid. I hate it. The knee and ankle a getting better every day. I now can move my knee pretty normally (although it does hurt) and the ankle isn't really swollen anymore. Maybe subconciously I wasn't getting enough attention??

1 comment:

Joel David said...

OMG, you're a dork.
Glad to hear you had what sounds like a great time at Becca's and that your holidays, although Chris-less, were still enjoyable. Also glad you are home again where a responsible adult can keep an eye on you. Ha-ha.
Happy New Year, love and miss you both.
J-)